Do you have your own eCommerce store? Are you trying to improve visibility of your website? Then SEO is your answer. SEO stands for search engine optimisation, and it is a way of improving your visibility online. Your online identity will soon become much more well-known when you make use of keywords.
It works like this – you use a range of keywords and content in your website, and when people search for those keywords on Google, Bing or some other kind of search engine, your website will appear on the search results. The more specific the keywords are, and the more often they are used then the higher up in the search results you will appear. The aim is to get as high up as possible in the search engine results. In eCommerce, there's a huge difference between page 1 and page 2 positioning!
Think about the first thing you do when you’re looking for a product on the Internet. Chances are, you’re amongst the majority of people that go straight to a search engine to try and find the product. This backs up the idea that SEO is important. If your website remains part of the ‘deep web’ (the part of the Internet that doesn’t appear on search engines), then the chances of getting any visitors or indeed any customers are incredibly slim. You might as well stop trading!
So remember – if you want to improve your visibility online, gain customers and get your brand recognised, it’s important that you make use of keywords and search engine optimisation. Otherwise, you’ll never get anywhere!
Top 10 SEO Tips
- Identify who your audience is
- Research keywords and think about what "others" might search for
- Improve your site's internal links so it has a seamless connectivity from page to page
- Monitor search trends, don't just stick to the ones you think will always work, keep your ear to the ground
- Use social media and integrate within all content
- Content, content, content and keep it unique and original
- Use Pay-Per-Click to create immediate traffic and use it's analysis to refine your organic search strategy
- Don't expect instant results
- Always stay in contact with your SEO agency, its good to talk!